Long Lost Sisters Reunite in Wyoming! ~ Wheatland Family Photography

This past summer, I had a truly unique experience as a photographer, and one that I certainly couldn't pass up!  My dear friend Sara recently found her long lost sister, Lacy (I won't go into it here, but you can ask her; it's a great story!) and I got to be there to take photos of their families playing and interacting together.  It's like a Hallmark movie- only weirder- and better! ;)

Our locations were an easy choice- some beautiful and kid-friendly spots between Chugwater and Wheatland that we're pretty familiar with.  We picked a very old playground behind a one-room schoolhouse, the nearby railroad tracks, and some cliffs above Goshen Hole.  

We had such a fun time setting up shots, orchestrating all the moving pieces (ie: children), and pushing our way through said childrens' moods and attitudes.  Ha!  With 10 kids total, there was bound to be some drama.  ;)  

That said, it really was as fun as it looked.  These families love each other so much- and the cousins all played together so well- especially considering that they'd only just met that same week!  It was a joy and a blessing for me to tag along and capture these special moments for them.  I'm already looking forward to next time!




The oldest cousin and the youngest cousin.  So sweet!


Stop it.  That expression... the sunlit hair... the pink shoes pointed inward... the glamour is effortless!




Sisters on a swing!  They are so cute together.  <3


The whole gang!  You can click on the photo to see it larger.  This will be a fun shot to recreate over the years!


Did I mention we had some slight drama?  Haha!  This was a case of the camera capturing an image at exactly the right moment... 




These kids really are such a fun crew.


"Just interact naturally..."  You know, on a cliff, at sunset, with 13 people watching you.  ;)




Those faces!  I love it.




...aaand this was when the littlest one started to lose it.  In his defense, he did a great job for most of the shoot.


Cutest couple award!  <3


I think that's as good a place as any to end it.  Go get a room, you two!  ;)


Believe it or not, there were even MORE adorable photos where those came from.  This was just a smattering of my favorites.  And like I said, I fully expect there to be photos next time, too!  Right, Sara?  Lacy?  I'm down!

Thanks for looking, everybody!

~ Kathryn

Comments